Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A quiz for everyone

I made it up myself, aren't y'all proud of me! Seriously, it would be SO awesome if each and every one of you could fill this out. I'll fill it out myself first (except for the last part, of course). So, introducing...

RACHE'S QUIZ TO END ALL QUIZZES

1. First name: Rachel
2. Age: 18
3. Birthday: April 25, 1987
4. The all-important question: chocolate or vanilla? CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You all knew that, though.) Although as far as scents go, vanilla's one of my favorites.
5. Tea or coffee? COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tea's not really my cup of tea.
6. Pessimist or optimist? Somewhere in between. It really depends on my mood; I could go either way.
7. Extrovert or introvert? Introvert. Although I love being around my friends!

Favorite...
8. Book (other than the Bible): Lord of the Rings!!!!!
9. Movie: Guess what? Lord of the Rings!
10. Song(s): "When the Snow Melts," by Phil Cunningham and Manus Lunny (it's Celtic)
11. Music artists/bands (list from 1-10): (warning, these aren't really much in order after the first two!)
• 1. Switchfoot
• 2. dc Talk
• 3. Jars of Clay
• 4. Pillar
• 5. Thousand Foot Krutch
• 6. The Benjamin Gate
• 7. Enya
• 8. Old Blind Dogs
• 9. Rebecca St. James
• 10. U2
12. Food: chocolate, of course. Oh, and strawberries. Oh, and I LOVE Mexican food!
13. Cold drink on a hot day: IC Caramel or IC Mocha from Panera
14. Jelly Belly flavor: watermelon
15. Model of car: '57 (I think!) Chevy Bel Air
16. Thing to do when you’re sick: watch old home videos, look at old photo albums, and read of course!
17. Color: Deep, dark blue
18. Season: Summer
19. Month: March
20. Day of the week: Saturday or Sunday
21. Hour of the day: 8 or 9 pm for the summer, or actually whenever the sun's setting. Or 5 pm. I don't know why. :D This was a hard question though.
22. Girl’s name (pick a few of your favorites): Muireann Elwing (if you want to know how it's pronounced, ask me sometime), Lúthien Marielle, Elanor Lea. I also like Grace for a middle name.
23. Boy’s name (pick a few of your favorites): I have no idea about middle names, but I love Eli, Christian, Micaiah, Micah, and Levi.

24. What is your dream place to live? Scotland
25. What do you want to be “when you grow up”? A dance teacher... but I'll do whatever God leads me to. I know I want to be a wife and mother eventually!
26. Who is your biggest role-model (other than Jesus if you’re a Christian)? My parents. Oh, and my dance teacher.
27. If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be? I would be a whole lot less selfish and a true servant to others, not just on the outside but in my heart. Not be so concerned with myself. Because I am so freakin' selfish it depresses me sometimes.
28. What’s one of the things you like most about yourself? I like to think and I like to dream.
29. What is your love language? Probably time is my biggest. But others are really important to me too, especially touch. I appreciate service, too, and I'm trying to work on being a better servant to others myself, as I've already said.
30. What’s your favorite Scripture verse? Why? I have a few favorites, and it's so hard to pick just one! I do REALLY like Zephaniah 3:16-17, that goes something like this in my favorite translation of it: ""My daughter, have no fear, do not let your hands fall limp. Yahweh your God is with you, a victorious warrior. He will take great delight in you, he will renew you by his love; he will dance over you with shouts of joy as on a day of festival."
31. List five things that you really enjoy doing.
• 1. Talking to God
• 2. Talking about deep stuff with friends
• 3. Dreaming/thinking/writing in my journal/making up stories and poetry (it's all sort of lumped together)
• 4. DANCING! I seriously practice just about every day now... how can I not? It's like flying!
• 5. Spending time with my friends
32. Describe an interesting dream you remember having: Hmm... Well, one time I had a dream that a bunch of my friends and I were on this cruise ship sort of thing. Except it wasn't really fancy or anything. I do remember there was this one room with some foosball tables and stuff like that. But we were all exploring, and some of us were playing foosball and some of us were going to get something to eat when the ship hit something and started sinking, Titanic-style. You'd think it would turn into a nightmare, but it didn't (actually, most of my dreams don't anymore!). It wasn't really scary, just an adventure sort of thing like you'd read in a book. We all got out okay, by the way. :-D I've also had other really cool dreams. Mysteries and other adventures and such.
33. Who is one person that you would like to see right now (God doesn't count, if that's what you're thinking)? I really don't know... I guess Sara and Lora cause they're gone... oh and Kaitlin! I haven't seen her since Mexico, really. :( Makes me sad. Oh and I would like to see all the troupers... I miss them! I went from seeing most of them practically every day to not at all. We have got to have a party sometime. That would be so cool. Lol, so this isn't exactly one person, but I give y'all leave to cheat, too! After all, it IS my quiz!

And some questions for you to answer about me (feel free to email your answers to me if you don’t want everyone to see them):
34. Do I remind you of a character from a story? Who and why?
35. If there were to be a movie of my life, who would star in the lead role?
36. When you think of me, what comes to mind?
37. What do you like about me?
38. What do you think I need to work on?
39. Is there any way I could be a better friend to you?
40. How does my relationship with God look to you?
41. Is there any additional advice you have for me?


Thanks guys! I'd really appreciate you all filling this out, it will help me to get to know y'all better and it will also help me if there's anything I need to work on!

18 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2005 7:07 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Ack! I extremely dislike quizzes like that, sorry. The way I see it, if people really want to know those things about me, they can ask me directly; I would be more than happy to give the answer to them.

    Now, I don't mind reading other people's if they want to post them like that... ;-D

     
  • At 6/26/2005 7:29 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    I also don't mind answering these kinds of questions sometimes...

    34. Do I remind you of a character from a story? Who and why? Mmm... no, not really.
    35. If there were to be a movie of my life, who would star in the lead role? Christopher Lee! Hey, you didn't say the lead role had to be your character. :-P
    36. When you think of me, what comes to mind? One or more of three things: Elvish, Irish dance, or chocolate.
    37. What do you like about me? Aahh, I do not like that kind of question.
    38. What do you think I need to work on? I really don't think I know you well enough to give you an answer for that one.
    39. Is there any way I could be a better friend to you? I don't know, is there?
    40. How does my relationship with God look to you? It seems to me that you have a very strong relationship with God. I like that. Hmm, maybe that could go to question 37?
    41. Is there any additional advice you have for me? I'm horrible at giving advice.

    Lol, okay, I didn't really answer some of those, but hey, at least I tried, right?

    Feel free to answer those questions about me... :-P :-D (You can post them on my blog as a comment or email them or whatever)

     
  • At 6/26/2005 7:39 PM, Blogger £l §tévó said…

    Hey Rache, I think you should email that quiz, so then we can all fill it out for each person u send it to, specifically the last part.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm very cynical about Hollywood's value of truth, so I kind of hope you'd have a bestselling autobiography instead.

    Advice? Yes. If David's taken a sudden interest in your blog, change all passwords imediately! He said he's on some kind of crusade to take over all blogs he can hack into.

    I'd have to agree with Caleb on your relationship with God.

    I didn't know you were selfish. When did this start? How do you hide it so well?

     
  • At 6/26/2005 9:50 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Okay. It's being emailed! Not to Caleb, though, lol! :D Thanks for sort of answering what you did though.

    Please, guys, I'd really appreciate if you'd take this seriously.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 9:52 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    BTW, Caleb, I was REALLY afraid that would happen with that question... just so you know, I'm asking who you would pick to be me.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 9:55 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Oh and one more thing: if I didn't send this to you by email and you want it sent to you, please tell me! :-)

     
  • At 6/27/2005 12:05 AM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Okay fine, I'll do it... but only if you will fill out the last part about me. However, I will not post it on my blog; email only. That way it will be a little less just throwing info out there to everyone in the world.

    Yes, Rachel, I knew what you meant, but that's no fun. ;-) If you must know... hmm... well, do you mean real actresses or any random person? Because only you could play yourself! :-D But you probably didn't mean that either... soo... I don't really know of that many actresses... I suppose Liv Tyler; she kind of looks like you, or you look like her, however that goes.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just didn't want all the answers displayed on the web, Rachel. And the answers I did send were serious. David's already hacked into Stephen's site. (If we are to believe him, he's given it back by now.) As for movies, I've seen what Disney did to Pocahontas. I saw a scene from the Elizabeth Smart story where they had devout Mormons drinking coffee. Books just have a better track record.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 9:06 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Well, yeah, I didn't mean that you'd have to post on this site a bunch of info you wouldn't want the world to know! I think when I originally posted the quiz, I had in mind that people could email it instead if they liked... but I guess I didn't make that clear. Sorry guys, my fault.

    And William, I knew you were serious—I was mainly talking to Caleb, I guess. :-D And the population in general, because I was afraid that a bunch of others wouldn't take this seriously, and I wanted to stop it before it happened.

    I agree that books have a "better track record," as you put it. But I still love a lot of movies. :-D

    Oh, and Stevo, William was talking about a different Stephen (actually a Stephan). Just so you don't get freaked out. ;-D

     
  • At 6/27/2005 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like the quiz on email, too! Wait...I don't think you have my email address, do you, Rachel?

     
  • At 6/27/2005 1:37 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Nope, I don't. We could do one of two things: If you know my email address, you could email me to tell me yours, or you could just talk to Dottie, because she has my email address. :D

     
  • At 6/27/2005 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I don't have your address either, so I will see about getting it from Dotty.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Or... you could just copy the quiz from Rachel's post and replace her answers with your own... that usually works.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 4:43 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Uh, Caleb... I think you misunderstood... I have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking to.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually, I just realized I don't mind posting any of my answers. (Well, I might not post my birthday.) But I can't right now. I'll do it soon, though. Oooo, I still haven't studied everything I need to by tomorrow....

     
  • At 6/27/2005 7:37 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Sorry, it sounded to me like people were waiting for you to email the quiz to them so they could fill it out.

     
  • At 6/28/2005 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love doing quizzes like these! But if any of you don't want to read all this, I won't be offended.

    1. First name: Bethany
    2. Age: 18
    3. Birthday: The one thing I don't want to post here; if anyone would like to know, feel free to ask me in person.
    4. The all-important question: chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, usually
    5. Tea or coffee? Coffee (usually decaf), although I like strong British tea as well
    6. Pessimist or optimist? Optimist, sometimes too much
    7. Extrovert or introvert? Introvert

    Favorite...
    8. Book (other than the Bible): Oh, boy. The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion; (no particular order) Black Beauty; Little Women; The Riverboat Adventures series; Justin Morgan Had a Horse; Mustang: Wild Spirit of the West; The Incredible Journey
    9. Movie:
    -1.The Passion of the Christ
    -2.Gods and Generals
    -3.LOTR: The Fellowship
    -no order: Black Beauty (1994); The Incredible Journey; Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (yes, 2 movies about the same book)
    10. Song(s): About a zillion. Selected few: "Every Single Tear" (Scott Krippayne); "Be Thou My Vision" (4Him -- the best version ever!!!); "Wish That I Could Read Your Mind" (Jump5)
    11. Music artists/bands (list from 1-10): Hmm...
    English:
    -1.Mark Schultz
    -2.4Him
    -3.Phillips, Craig, and Dean
    -4.Chris Rice
    -5.Jump5, first CD only
    -6.Larry the Cucumber
    -7.Archibald Asparagus
    Italian:
    Josh Groban
    12. Food: Honestly, I'm not sure I have a favorite food.
    13. Cold drink on a hot day: Cherry Limeade Slush from Sonic
    14. Jelly Belly flavor: Licorice
    15. Model of car: No preference
    16. Thing to do when you’re sick: Watch movies and read
    17. Color: Pink and Irish green
    18. Season: Winter
    19. Month: December
    20. Day of the week: No preference
    21. Hour of the day: No preference
    22. Girl’s name (pick a few of your favorites): Charlotte, Amy, Allison, Jessica
    23. Boy’s name (pick a few of your favorites): David

    24. What is your dream place to live? Right here!
    25. What do you want to be “when you grow up”? Eventually, a wife and mom. Until then, only God knows.
    26. Who is your biggest role-model (other than Jesus if you’re a Christian)? My parents
    27. If there was one thing you could change about yourself, what would it be? I would talk about God more often.
    28. What’s one of the things you like most about yourself? I have a lot of varied interests.
    29. What is your love language? Words
    30. What’s your favorite Scripture verse? Why? Romans 8:28 "For we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (NIV)
    31. List five things that you really enjoy doing.
    (no particular order)
    • 1. Doing stuff with FOCUS (Wildwood's college group)
    • 2. Talking about deep stuff with friends
    • 3. Reading
    • 4. Exploring Bizzell Memorial Library
    • 5. Playing real pianos
    32. Describe an interesting dream you remember having: I don't remember any dreams right now, but one amusing thing that happens a lot is: My alarm goes off, and I do not wake up immediately. Instead, still dreaming, I think that the alarm is someone else's and wish they would turn it off. (Eventually I do wake up.)
    33. Who is one person that you would like to see right now (God doesn't count, if that's what you're thinking)? I suppose my aunt and uncle who live in Mississippi.

    About Rachel:
    34. Do I remind you of a character from a story? Who and why? Umm...no, don't think so.
    35. If there were to be a movie of my life, who would star in the lead role? Liv Tyler
    36. When you think of me, what comes to mind? Elvish and Irish dancing
    37. What do you like about me? You're sweet and really love God.
    38. What do you think I need to work on? A way to grow chocolate gardens. ; )
    39. Is there any way I could be a better friend to you? You're a good friend already.
    40. How does my relationship with God look to you? Very strong
    41. Is there any additional advice you have for me? Expect surprises on your first day of college.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home