Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Coming Dawn

Hey everyone, check out the audio clip I put in my profile. I LOVE that song... even though I haven't heard it all the way through just yet, lol. It's so beautiful. I can so imagine a dance to it. As a matter of fact, when I buy that song off the iTunes music store God's probably going to choreograph it in my head. He's already started!

Info about the song: it's a GORGEOUS song called The Mystic's Dream by Loreena McKennitt. I have a very strong feeling that she is a pagan (as a matter of fact I pretty much know), but the lyrics to this song can totally be interpreted as Christian. I think of it as a song about the return of Christ... sort of like a dream I might have about His return. I also think it ties in VERY strongly with the whole theme of my blog, which is the story of Elwing and EƤrendil. All three things snap together like a puzzle, because they really are about the same thing. Here's the lyrics:


A clouded dream on an earthly night
Hangs upon the crescent moon
Voiceless song in an ageless light
Sings at the coming dawn
Birds in flight are calling there
Where the heart moves the stones
There that my heart is longing for
All for the love of you

A painting hangs on an ivy wall
Nestled in the emerald moss
Eyes declare a truce of trust
Then it draws me far away
Where deep in the desert twilight
Sand melts in pools of the sky
Darkness lays her crimson cloak
Your lamps will call, call me home

So it's there my homage's due
Clutched by the still of the night
Now I feel, feel you move
And every breath, breath is full
So it's there my homage's due
Clutched by the still of the night
Even the distance feels so near
All for the love of you

A clouded dream on an earthly night
Hangs upon the crescent moon
A voiceless song in an ageless light
Sings at the coming dawn
Birds in flight are calling there
Where the heart moves the stones
There that my heart is longing for
All for the love of you

8 Comments:

  • At 6/18/2005 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to listen to the song, but, um, this computer doesn't have any speakers. *shrug* lol :-)

     
  • At 6/18/2005 4:17 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    It's actually just a clip of the song. Do you have headphones? You don't need speakers, just headphones....

     
  • At 6/18/2005 4:46 PM, Blogger frisbeegurl said…

    Wow that is awesome... I didn't see the video.. because it won't work on this comp.. But those lyrics are awesome Very pretty.

     
  • At 6/18/2005 5:30 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Aw... that makes me sad that you can't hear it, because it's gorgeous. :(

     
  • At 6/19/2005 2:18 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    That is an awesome song!

     
  • At 6/19/2005 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried the headphones. Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Sorry. :oP

     
  • At 6/19/2005 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *sigh* I can't get it to play. Dial-up is too slow for it play for me. But the lyrics are pretty.

     
  • At 6/20/2005 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't get it to play either. Oh, well. It does have beautiful lyrics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home