Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Heartstopping music and dance WITHOUT the ego!!

Okay, so now that I posted those two video clips from Feet of Flames and gave my little rant about Michael Flatley, I decided I'd better give you some video clips that better reflect Irish dancing! So here are two of my all-time favorites (and no Michael Flatley to be seen!).

1. This is the Trinity Irish Dance Company. They are a really famous Irish dance company that tours the world. They sometimes seem a lot more traditional than Riverdance, but from what I see they do some very modern innovative and cool stuff! This gives you a taste of what their show is like. Amazing AMAZING dancing... wow. Nothing bad or suggestive in this clip, no Vegas-like stuff. Most of what you'll see is Irish dancing (though there is some other stuff here and there... maybe some sort of African dancing?). I love this and I really want to see them live sometime!!
http://premierespeakers.com/262/video.cfm?quality=high

2. I LOVE this clip!! It really gives you a look into the world of Irish dancing today. It's basically a mini-documentary (maybe 3-5 minutes long). You "meet" the Healy Irish Dance Studio, get a look at what goes on in a championship class, follow one of the champion dancers to an important feis (an Irish dance competition), and see a lot of just plain amazing normal Irish dancing without the glitz and added forms of dance found in an Irish dancing show such as Riverdance, Trinity or Michael Flatley's shows.
http://www.kqed.org/.stream/real/tv/productions/spark/artists-orgs/healy.rm.ram

Yay! It makes me so happy that I don't have to give any warnings for these!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home