Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Hymn

Rusted emotions, prideful gaze
The Sun beams thin through crushing haze
Come my Love and haunt me
Pursue this wanderer, capture me
Come Lord Jesus, Light of the world.

Chorus:
Oh Lord, Thy beauty overwhelms me
Thy death, the price for this embrace
Thy blood fails not; the one who fails Thee
May glory in Thee by Thy infinite grace.
I will glory in Thee by Thy infinite grace.

Break this heart, half apathetic
Half craving what Thou hast given me
Lift off the falling weight of fear
Oh Lord, by Thy resounding grace
Let me move.

Chorus

My burning desires gaze unsteadily
On my Savior’s agony
The Holy One in sin is dying
Makes pure my infidelity
For victory He is crucified.

Chorus

Raise o’er the dark Thy banner of love
Scatter the foe and strengthen the meek
Fell the scales from our eyes
Resurrection sets our hope to soar
Death’s sting is crucified.

Chorus

Striving will storm inside me still
Longs to dance with the undiluted stars
Make perfect my heart of imperfection;
My wisdom Thy power, my beauty Thy splendor
Thy grace is my breath.

Chorus

3 Comments:

  • At 2/10/2006 12:26 PM, Blogger £l §tévó said…

    Wow Rachel. That is very well written. I do like how it doesn't always rhyme because sometimes that can distract from the important part of a song or poem. I'm really glad you posted that. That is very encouraging! I really like the metaphors and allusion you use to. They make it all the more meaningful. Thanks for posting that!

     
  • At 2/15/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger frisbeegurl said…

    Good Job Rache! I like that alot, especially because it's really you.. I mean.. I can tell that's of your heart day to day.. awesomeness.. So when are you singing it in church?? Hehe.. j/k But that WOULD be awesome if you did!! Love you!
    Sara

     
  • At 2/17/2006 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's really cool, but now I wanna know the tune! I really like your poetry, and I think it's really cool how all of you just...idk talk about all that. Sometimes it's hard 4 me to talk about my deeper feelings and how I feel about God and stuff, it just seems to come so ez for u. Sorry if i'm babbling, i'm in kind of a weird mood...

    Sarah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home