Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Procrastination

Well, it's time for a real post! I haven't done that in awhile. I probably shouldn't do it for awhile, or at least until after finals. I need some sleep too. But... yeah. I rarely get the urge to write here anymore, so I thought I'd take advantage of the moment!

So... what's going on in the life of Rache right now? I really don't know... too much, probably, lol. I'm studying hard (or trying to study hard) for finals right now. I have my Understanding Dance final on Tuesday and my History final on Wednesday. I'm a little concerned that I'm not ready for either, and I also have a 5-page argument paper to write before Thursday, so I'd really appreciate your prayers this week.

As soon as finals are over, we have pretty much constant dance practices/rehearsals/performances throughout the rest of the week, which will be a lot of fun, though pretty exhausting. I'd appreciate your prayers for that as well. Sorry I'm just going to have to make that request a lot this time, lol!

I can't believe that my first semester in college is only a few days away from being over. It went by so slowly, and yet so fast... it was a huge roller coaster ride, but I made it through, thank God. I've grown a lot this semester. I've had more than my usual bouts with depression plus fatigue and stress and all of that and sometimes I've actually gotten pretty near the edge, but God is so faithful to me and every time I fall He pulls me straight back to Him.... It's just been incredible to see how each time I go down, I learn more how to trust Him and rest in His love. And then He pulls me back to the surface so I can breathe again. So yeah, I've really learned some amazing lessons this fall.

On a less serious note, I have to write about some of the stuff I've done this past week.... First off, the Switchfoot and Lifehouse concert! That was absolutely incredible. Two of my favorite bands of all time in one concert! Howie Day opened for them. It sounded like he'd be really good on the radio, but in concert he just didn't quite cut it for me. But that's alright, since my friends and I spent that time talking and being our usual crazy selves. Then Lifehouse... wow. They were absolutely beautiful. For most of theirs I just sat back and listened. And ! That guy's voice... it always gives me the shivers when I hear it on cd, but it was a million times better live! Switchfoot ROCKED. They are definitely my favorite band. We had fun annoying everyone around us on the upper level by standing up (or sitting on the back of our chairs) and having screaming contests... yeah it was fun. And we were all singing along at the top of our lungs of course. The best part though was at the end... their last song was "Stars" which none of us could believe... it's definitely not my favorite of theirs by any means, so that made me sad. But the crowd was all pumped up and we all started shouting for one more song, so finally they came out and did... guess what... "We are One Tonight!" One of my all-time favorite Switchfoot songs! That was definitely the best song in my opinion. And it was really awesome being there with my friends. Lol, we all randomly hugged each other and had a sappy friends moment... I love you guys!!! So that really made the concert... it was a wonderful end to a wonderful concert.

But it was not the end of the night, lol. All of us (Sara, Lora, Stephen, Aubrey, Hannah and me) went outside to our cars, only to find a ready-made ice-skating rink in the parking lot! In other words, a lot of water had frozen on the ground to make a huge sheet of ice. We stayed for 40 minutes I think "ice skating." Hehe... wow... I wish we could have gotten a video or something. We did ballet, break dancing, do-si-doed, hip-hopped, and really anything and everything else we could think of.

It was an awesome night.

The next night was just as awesome! Breakaway went POLKA DANCING!! And I went along, of course, even though we had just spent 6 hours at troupe practice. But it was soooo much fun! We went to the Yukon Czech Hall. There was a live polka band and everything, and of course t-shirts, which we sold them out of, lol. But anyway, we all learned to polka, and I swear, Breakaway is not ever going to be the same, hehe. We all had a blast. Most of it was polka dancing, but the night also included some swing dancing, Cotton-Eyed Joe, the Mexican Hat Dance, and the dreaded chicken dance. Oh, and at one point about half of us or more randomly decided to start break dancing, hehe.... that must have been quite a sight for everyone else there. We DID get videos of this. :D However, they're not on our website... yet.

Afterwards, when we went back to the church, some of us stayed afterwards and yet again found a convenient ice patch to go ice skating on! We were there for awhile, playing on the ice and polka dancing on and off of it. I found out that parking lots are very fun to polka dance in... lots of space! :)

One more thing: 5 guys came! Which was a lot better than I was originally suspecting. Most of them, if not all, danced most of the night. So a big congratulations to them. You guys were awesome. Stephen and Eric, you were both really good!

Well, I should probably get to bed. I was so exhausted I totally slept through my alarm this morning and missed first hour at church. :( I have so much studying to do tomorrow. But anyway, thank you all for your friendship and prayers, and I will probably see some of you tomorrow at Mazzios! Yes, I'm actually going! Wow! Choir's out, and I'll probably need a break just about then, so yeah... you all (who can) had better be there. :D

Mar sin leibh an-dràsda!

Rache

24 Comments:

  • At 12/12/2005 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you are still writing! I'll be praying for you!

     
  • At 12/12/2005 6:50 PM, Blogger £l §tévó said…

    This week has been so much fun! I'm glad you finally posted too! Both the concert and the polka dancing were amazingly fun (yeah I overuse that word too, oh well, cant think of any better words to descrbe it!). Yes parking lots rock for polka dancing. And yes we should do it again sometime, lol, maybe if we're ever in a big empty parking lot again. I can't believe how much fun I had that night.
    I'm glad you survived your first semster of college. I'll be praying that you survive finals and dance rehearsals as well. I'm so glad God's been so readily apparent in your lfie lately. It's cool to see God working through you all the time. It was cool to see you at Mazzio's too, even though I was there for a grand total of ten minutes or so.
    Anyways, like, I'm like, happy your like, doing, like, good besides like finals and whatever. ;)
    (I'm pretty sure that probably scared away everyone else on your blog)

     
  • At 12/12/2005 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, like totally not everyone!

     
  • At 12/12/2005 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you don't scare *me*!

    Great post, Rache! Thanks for sharing all that.

     
  • At 12/12/2005 10:06 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Thank you everyone for the comments!

    Stephen, yes, I agree, we should polka dance in a large parking lot again sometime. And yay! I was glad to get to go to Mazzio's and see Sara and Lora and you and all those other wonderful people. I was also really glad when you dropped by... sorry I was so tired. I was just really glad to see you and get a break. So thanks! I hope you didn't interpret my lack of brain waves/conversation skills to mean otherwise, lol.

    And, like, omigosh, like, can you believe, like, what Rachel did the other day? Like, gosh, she is like, so weird, like, I can't stand her! Omigosh, like, who is THAT? Isn't he, like, going out with Tiffany? Omigosh! Your shoes are, like, so adorable!

    Hehe... for those of you who don't know what we're talking about, we are imitating the girls who were sitting behind us at the Switchfoot concert... I swear they sounded exactly like that. And of course, they were talking about some girl named Rachel, lol. Who they all happened to dislike... a lot... yeah it was a little freaky.

    So... I've made it my goal now to cut down on my usage of the word "like," hehe. I never realized how much I used it until I analyzed someone else or five or however many there were of them. There were a lot.

     
  • At 12/12/2005 10:27 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Yay!! We've almost made it! Just a few more days and our first semester at OU will officially be over!!!!! :-D

    Oy, a 5-page paper?? You'd better get to work on that! I hope you do well on all your finals; I'm praying for you!

    Wow, sounds like you guys had an awesome time... I almost wish I could have come, but I don't really like that type of concert all that much, and I definitely wouldn't trade it for seeing Narnia! Polka dancing would have been fun though... I just didn't feel like I could afford to miss the studying time -- evil finals. :-(

    Well, I'd better go and finish up some Calculus stuff. I'll see you tomorrow?

     
  • At 12/12/2005 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I could've danced all night, I could've danced all night...... *exunt stage left, humming*

     
  • At 12/13/2005 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So am I the only one who hasn't put a stress-laden post about finals--or even partly about them--on my site?

     
  • At 12/16/2005 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! your finals are over!
    See ya twice later today!!!

     
  • At 12/16/2005 11:52 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Hey Kara! Thank you, I did well on my finals, or at least I hope so! Yeah, I heard about Kevin's dilemma. That's horrible. But he made it through! We all made it through... yay! I'm thrilled to death that it's over too. :)

     
  • At 12/17/2005 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope ur finals went well, but grrrrrr for going 2 switchfoot and not taking MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!:-P

    Sar

    p.s. Hey Kara! wazup?

     
  • At 12/25/2005 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nollaig Shona!

     
  • At 12/25/2005 1:36 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 12/25/2005 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mele Kalikimaka!

     
  • At 12/25/2005 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sung Tan Chuk Ha!

     
  • At 12/25/2005 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Or...

    Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok!

     
  • At 12/26/2005 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What languages are those?

     
  • At 12/26/2005 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Korean and Czech.

     
  • At 12/26/2005 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool!

     
  • At 12/26/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Nollaig Chridheil! (I think that's what it is, lol...)

     
  • At 12/26/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    And yes!! I guessed right, that it was Czech! Yay!

     
  • At 12/26/2005 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just realized that they don't mean exactly the same thing. The Korean suffix for "and" (-ua after a vowel, -wa after a consonent) is missing, so it probably contains nothing about the New Year.

     
  • At 12/26/2005 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At least, I think those were the rules for the suffix. It's been a while since I studied the language.

     
  • At 12/26/2005 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, great. I think I had them backwards. (That ee/y sound threw me off.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home