Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Prayer requests...

Hey everyone, could you please be praying for my shins? We have two 30-minute dance performances today and I'm limping right now... probably due to a crazy floor we danced on last night, hehe. Hannah's shins probably aren't doing too well either. We would appreciate your prayers! And also pray that it doesn't start raining tomorrow until AFTER the St. Patrick's Day parade (sometime midafternoon)!

Also, in case you didn't know, Stephen broke his ankle... not the part that most people break, but another, harder to heal part. They are going in today to get the cast probably and they'll find out how long he has to wear it... pray that it's not very long and especially that it doesn't cut into his trip to Mexico, beginning in late May. And also pray for him... because being Stephen involves doing a lot of active stuff like climbing trees, rock climbing, riding his bike, taking a million risks and all that (which is not why the ankle got broken... it was that STUPID TREE's fault!! it grew too high!) and I can imagine he's probably going to get a little frustrated with not being able to.

Thanks everyone!

Oh... one more note... if you read the Norman Transcript, feel free to laugh at the article about us... I completely burst out laughing. A WHOLE lot of it is made up. The first half at least is completely twisted... makes us sound like crusading evangelists, lol. The line about us being professional dancers stepping out of the limelight and into the common good is the best, though! Haha... I'm still reeling from that one.... Yeah, just in case you didn't know, I was a famous, professional Irish dancer for many years before joining the troupe. :D

Hey, at least it's publicity... and the second half wasn't so bad... it was pretty darn funny, though. And in the picture I look like I'm grimacing from pain (though come to think of it, at that moment I probably was...). :D

7 Comments:

  • At 3/17/2006 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The article's not that bad, Rachel! (Except for the part about professional dancing.) And I think you look like you're smiling.

    I wish I could go to the parade tomorrow. Oh, well; I'll pray that your legs hold up!

     
  • At 3/17/2006 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I could read the article! We get The Oklahoman.

     
  • At 3/17/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Herohtar said…

    Lol, sounds like an interesting article... we don't get any paper at all though. Maybe someone will let me see it?

     
  • At 3/17/2006 7:59 PM, Blogger £l §tévó said…

    Haha, I was pretty sure you all weren't professional Irish dancers before, lol. And the picture looks fine Rache, except that all you can see of you is your head. Thanks for praying for me, I appreciate it. In case you haven't gotten the word, my foot is broken in two places, but apparently those are OLD injuries, possibly years or more. The X-Ray didn't pick up anything new but I'm going in next week to get an MRI to make sure. I also get foot surgery for the old breaks that never healed, so I'd appreciate some prayer on that.

    I'm praying for your performances Rachel and Hannah! And also for your legs! I know how you feel somewhat, I've had to ice mine constantly cause my left ankle is still a couple times bigger than my right. Tell me how the parade goes, I love you Rache!

     
  • At 3/20/2006 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so, how did the perfomances and parade go? How are you doing?

     
  • At 4/17/2006 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey. How are you? How's Hannah? How's Stephen?

     
  • At 4/18/2006 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, the spammers are getting more advanced.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home