Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Prayer is good!

Hey guys. Well, you know my great grandma that I was telling you about, the one who was really sick? Well, she died today a few hours ago. She's definitely in a better place! I'm sort of weird, I've never cried at funerals or when a relative dies (although, I haven't had any close relatives or friends die, in which case I'd probably be crying!). I mean, they're in a much better place than I could imagine, and I'll see them again. I know when I die, I'd want everyone to celebrate because I'd be in a better place. I'd probably be in Heaven dancing, and I'd want them to join in.

But anyway, we'll be heading up sometime this week for the funeral, I'm not sure when. I think the funeral might be on Saturday, though, which wouldn't be good because then we'd be missing the last troupe Saturday practice before some big performances. I have this fear that I wouldn't be able to be in those performances because of missing it, and that would be awful, at least for Hannah and me. But you know what? God will work it all out, so I don't have to worry. I can at least be thankful that we won't be going to Missouri DURING those performances! Thank you, Lord, for Your perfect plan. Hmm... that reminds me of a certain verse in Jeremiah that happens to be one of my favorites. ;)

At least I've been practicing a lot. Today I spent two hours practicing. Fun. Actually, what's strange is that for me it IS fun. And I always feel so much better after practicing. Whenever I go a day without practicing, or at least stretching, I feel like a couch potato!

So, back to my main topic, we would really appreciate your prayers this week! Thanks. I'll get back to y'all with more details about when we'll be gone.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/06/2005 9:45 AM, Blogger frisbeegurl said…

    I will be praying for you guys definitly Rache!! I love you!! Man but she's in heaven now!! She's sooo happy. And she isn't in pain anymore!! That is definitly a praise. And don't worry about singing at the funeral either Rache.. As you said yourself, God WILL work it all out. Don't worry about it...
    LUV YA!!
    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home