Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Wow, it's been a long time since the last post!

I've just been so busy, it's absolutely insane. I want this school year to be OVER but then I DON'T! It will be nice to have some time to breathe, but this is my last year being homeschooled and I need to enjoy it. And I'll miss dancing, since that's over for the summer after the recital. But right now it just seems like I have to take it a day at a time. Get through the many different things going on each day enjoying it as much as I can. If I think even as much as a week or two ahead, I get overwhelmed with all that's going on. Graduation and class stuff, church, dance, choir, loads of school, and all the fun parties and things going on with this or that circle of friends. All VERY good things, but when I hardly have an ounce of spare time it's a little overwhelming.

Well, as of two days ago, I'm 18. Officially an "adult." I thought it would be better than it is! Yesterday and today I've been having a hard time with it. I'm growing up, and frankly, I don't want to. I think I told you all recently that I don't get upset anymore about growing up? Well, that was a big fat lie, even if I believed it myself then! Of course, I still know that nothing's the last time I'll be young; I'm certain that Heaven will hold better than that. But that only makes me long for Heaven more.

Everything's been so busy I haven't had time to plan a party. On my birthday, after coming home from seeing my friends in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe play, we had a small family celebration. They sang me Happy Birthday, gave me a few really nice things, and I blew out the candle on my little chocolate cupcake. It was very nice, and I was really happy. I still miss my friends though. Maybe I'll do something in June or sometime (as that would be the first chance available!).

16 was a nice age. It seems like only a day ago, but then I had 2 years of highschool left! Seeing the big homeschool choir's recital last night really brought that home for me. It was only the second time I'd seen their spring recital. I remember the first time, when I was 16. I went with Sara and Eric and on the way home Sara and I could not stop talking about how good they were and how we were SO going to be in that choir!! I was determined to be in it the next year, but I was too busy. It would have had to have been a choice between that or dance, and you all know which one I would choose!! Sara joined it last fall though, and I can at least go see her in it! I think it's awesome. I wish I had enough time to do both that and dance. I wish I had enough time to do a million different things really... but God's got in under control, and where I am is where He's called me to be. I can be confident that whatever other good things there are out there that I missed doing, it wasn't God's plan for me, and it wouldn't have worked out.

I am going to be in the OU choir next fall, though. I don't believe it will take up so much time. Yay!

AAUUGGGHH!!! College!! Scary... being 18 is scary enough.

Some good verses for today:

Jeremiah 29:11-14b
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord."

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Isaiah 41:13
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Rev. 21:4
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

5 Comments:

  • At 4/28/2005 6:32 PM, Blogger frisbeegurl said…

    Wow... I love the Isaiah 41:13 I dont' think I've ever read that one!! It's really encouraging!!
    Rache, I know what you mean though.. about the growing up thing.. It scares the heck out of me... I know God has it all in his hands.. but man... It's still scary!! Just remember though, there's other people who are going through this same scary transition like you are! Talk to them about it! I think it'll help you!! And seriously write all those verses in your mirror in your room or something so you won't forget that God is right there, and that he has it ALL in his hands!!
    I LOVE YOU GIRLY!!
    (You're still not 18 by the way.. You'd better remember that... You are 17 B)
    Sara

     
  • At 4/29/2005 12:14 AM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Yeah, 17 B!! So what'll happen after 17 Z? I can only be 17 for 26 years....

    Thanks for the encouragement. :) By the way, I'm feeling a LOT LOT better today than I was yesterday. I think the long talk I had with Mom helped a lot! So I'm out of my melancholy now. Thanks for being there yesterday. I was so thankful to have even a minute to talk when you didn't do game time in Sparks!

    Luv ya!
    Rache

     
  • At 4/29/2005 8:05 PM, Blogger frisbeegurl said…

    Lol I guess it was a very good thing I was sick lol!!

     
  • At 4/29/2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    NO! It's never a good thing to be sick... but God did time it sort of nicely. I'm just glad you weren't sick for your recital!! How are feeling now, anyway?

    Rache

     
  • At 4/29/2005 10:02 PM, Blogger frisbeegurl said…

    I'm a little better!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home