Elwing's Flight

Thoughts from a girl as she flies over the sea.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finals are definitely less fun than being trampled by a pack of screaming lemurs.

Current mood: irritated
Category: School, College, Greek

Bleh.

I love linguistics, and I had a great class this year and a great teacher, but WHY THE HECK DID THE STUPID FINAL HAVE TO BE 2 1/2 HOURS LONG?!?!?!? The freakin thing was like 10 pages long... 10 pages full of a million things to remember and analyze and write and essay about and argue for and against and work my brain to pieces.... It was definitely one of the hardest finals I've ever taken. What made it worse was that for some reason unbeknownst to me, I was the most anxious; the most tense I have ever been for any test. I was shaking the whole 2 1/2 hours. It was horrible... I felt like throwing up. I almost never get like that.

I think I did okay, though. Not extremely great, but I didn't flunk it, I don't think. I think I'll still get an A in the class.

I felt so bad after that final though... Stephen drove me home and helped me relax a bit. I collapsed on the couch, and I ended up taking a nap after he left. I've been so short on sleep lately because of my stomach problems, so I'm sure that's part of all this. But anyway, I couldn't go to Wildlife, which just about killed me because it's shepherding groups and I missed last week, too. :( But it felt so nice to just lay there and not move. After awhile I felt alive enough to eat something, and I'm feeling better now. So yay.

But I'm ready for finals to be OVER.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home